Oltrelingua is always open to collaborating with new translators, editors and interpreters who are serious and competent professionals. We only want to work with the best!
If you are a translator or an interpreter and want to apply to work with us as a freelancer, please download and fill out the form provided and send it along with your CV and a cover letter.
Before sending your collaboration proposal, please read this page carefully and make sure you have the necessary qualifications.
1) Our collaborators must have perfect knowledge of their working languages. They must, therefore, be perfectly fluent in their mother tongue and have mastered the language from which they are translating. Anything less than level C1 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is not an acceptable level of proficiency in a foreign language.
2) Our translators only translate into their mother tongue. There may be exceptions for those who are perfectly bilingual.
3) Our collaborators must have completed a relevant course of study (in translation and interpreting, foreign languages and the like) and/or have gained experience in the field.
4) From our collaborators, we require reliability, timely delivery, transparency and seriousness. They are only allowed to accept assignments for which they are qualified.
5) Prepare your CV and cover letter carefully, paying attention to the form, as well as the content. Rough and sloppy writing is the worst business card to show for a professional translator. We accept CVs and cover letters written in Italian, English, Spanish and French.
6) Please download the prepared collaboration form and fill it out carefully. It contains all the information we need, allowing us to speed up the selection process.
7) Please send the collaboration form, correctly completed, together with your CV and cover letter, to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
8) Please also remember to give your consent to the processing of your personal data, by writing in your CV “I authorise the use of my personal data in compliance with D.Lgs. 196/03″. (It is a legal requirement in Italy that you explicitely consent to the use of your personal data according the Italian Privacy Law.)
Before applying, please know that we have pledged to:
• respect your professionalism, as our collaborator and colleague, not just our employee;
• provide, within the limits of our ability, fair remuneration (No peanuts for our translators!);
• ensure timely payments.
We look forward to a long and fruitful collaboration!